- A mechanical or electrical device used to stop a machine when its safe limits have been exceeded.
- An opening in a wall or surface for access or other purposes.
- A piece stamped out of sheet metal or other sheet material.
- A device which under certain circumstances disconnects a component or circuit, in order to protect equipment. An example is a circuit breaker. Its function is usually automatic. Also spelled cut-out.
- noun the subject of an illustration or photograph which has been removed from its the original background so that it appears against a plain white background
- noun a piece of paper or card which is cut out from a large piece
- noun an illustration where the background has been removed, leaving a silhouette