- noun a small piece of a plant from which a new plant will grow
Information & Library Science
- noun a reference to a client, company or author in a newspaper or magazine, which is cut out of the paper and filed for reference
- noun the technique of moving from one shot to another when editing a film
- noun the process of editing a text, film or recording
- noun an article, photograph or other piece that has been cut out of a newspaper or other publication
- noun a man-made channel allowing a road or railway to pass through an area of high ground.
- a piece cut from a vine that grows into a new vine. These pieces are usually cut from dormant vines in the winter and propagated in the spring.