- noun information involving figures or results of studies
- noun information made up of numbers, characters and symbols often stored on a computer in such a way that it can be processed
- noun a collection of facts made up of numbers, characters, and symbols, stored on a computer in such a way that it can be processed by the computer
- Factual information, such as that derived from observation, experimentation, or calculation, especially that which is used for processing and/or further analysis.
- Information which is represented in a manner suitable for digital transmission or computer use.
- Originally the plural form of the word datum, although data is commonly used in either the plural or singular form.
Information & Library Science
- noun information usually in the form of facts or statistics which can be analysed
- plural noun information in words or figures about a particular subject, especially information which is available on computer
- noun facts used to come to a decision