- noun a series of programs that allow the user to create and modify databases easily.
- Abbreviation of database management system. Software which serves as the interface between a user and a database. A DBMS manages tasks such as the storage, retrieval, organization, security, and integrity of data. For example, a DBMS may maintain data integrity by insuring that no more than one user updates the same record at the same time. Also called database system, data management system, or database management software.
- acronym fordata-base management system
- acronym fordatabase management software
- acronym fordatabase system
- acronym fordata management system