- A circuit or device that changes DC voltage to AC voltage. Frequently, the output voltage is much higher than that of the input. Used, for instance, in uninterruptible power supplies. Also called DC-AC inverter, DC inverter, inverter (1), or static inverter.
- synonymDC inverter
- synonymDC-AC inverter
- synonymDC-to-AC inverter
- synonymdirect-current-alternating-current converter
- synonymdirect-current-alternating-current inverter
- synonymdirect-current-to-alternating-current converter
- synonymdirect-current-to-alternating-current inverter