- noun a point where you cannot go any further forward
- In stressing a tendon, the end opposite the one to which stress is applied.
- In plumbing, a drain line or vent that has been purposely terminated by a cap, plug, or other fitting.
- The portion of a tapped coil through which no current flows.
- In an enclosure, such as a sound studio, a wall or area where there is the greatest amount of sound absorption. This contrasts with a live end (2), where sound reflection is maximized.
- noun a street or road which suddenly ends, so that the only way out is to go back the way you came
Idiom of “dead end”
situation, job, etc. with no prospects of improvement