- noun a situation that occurs when two users want to access two resources at the same time, in which one resource is assigned to each user but neither can use the other
- noun a point where two sides in a dispute cannot agree
- verb to be unable to agree to continue negotiations
- noun a situation in which two users want to access the same two resources at the same time and one resource is assigned to each user, leaving neither able to use the other
- A type of door lock employing a dead bolt.
- A situation that occurs when each of two processes is waiting for the other to complete, before being able to continue. Although operating systems should have ways to solve such situations, it is not always the case.
- noun a lock that can be opened or closed only with a key