- A permanent communications channel between two or more locations. Such a service includes private switching arrangements and a defined transmission path, and provides an exclusive high-speed connection which is available at all times. T1 and T3 lines are examples. Also called dedicated circuit, dedicated connection, private line, leased circuit, or leased line.
- A telephone line which is used for a single purpose, such as for connection to a fax machine.
- synonymdedicated circuit
- synonymdedicated connection
Information & Library Science
- noun a telephone line assigned to a designated user, usually to provide a permanent connection to the Internet
- noun a telephone line used only for a particular purpose