- noun a predefined course of action or value that is assumed unless a conscious decision is taken to alter it
- adjective a predefined course of action or value that is assumed unless the operator alters it
- An omission of, or failure to perform, a contractual duty.
- A setting of a component, device, piece of equipment, or system which is automatically selected if a user chooses no alternative.
- noun a failure to do something which is required by law, such as a failure to carry out the terms of a contract, especially a failure to pay back a debt