- noun a movement of a beam or moving object, gas or liquid away from its intended path
Cars & Driving
- noun a movement of a member, especially part of the suspension, when subjected to a load
- The bending of a structural member as a result of its own weight or an applied load.
- The amount of displacement resulting from this bending.
- A movement away from a center or zero position. Said, for instance, of the pointer in a measuring instrument.
- In a CRT, a movement of the electron beam away from a straight-line path. This deflection may be caused by electric or magnetic fields.