- verb to cut out words in a document
- verb to remove a product from a company’s product range
- To remove, erase, or eliminate. Said, for instance, of a computer file, or of a signal.
Information & Library Science
- noun an instruction given to a computer to remove a section of text
- verb to remove information that has been written down or stored in a computer
- verb to remove something printed or written from the surrounding text, or to mark it for removal.
- noun a written sign used in proofreading, to show that a word should be deleted