- noun an often simplified drawing showing the structure or workings of something
- A graphical representation designed to show the components of a circuit, device, piece of equipment, or system, and the relationship of each component with the others. Examples include block diagrams and phase diagrams.
- A graphical representation, such as a chart or a graph, showing the relationship between two or more variables.
- A graphical representation of the electrical elements in a circuit, and the way each is interconnected with each other. Each circuit element is represented by a symbol, while lines represent the wiring. Also called circuit diagram, schematic diagram, wiring diagram, schematic circuit diagram, or wiring schematic.
Information & Library Science
- noun a chart or graph that illustrates something such as a statistical trend
- verb to make a diagram that represents or illustrates something
- noun a chart, graph or simplified drawing that illustrates or explains a point or argument
- verb to show or demonstrate something by making a diagram of it