- noun the amount by which one number is bigger than another number
- noun a way in which two things are not the same
- The degree or amount by which two consecutive values vary.
- The amount remaining after one quantity is subtracted from another quantity.
- In relational databases, an operation utilized to create a new table based on the dissimilarities present in two existing tables.
- noun the idea that meaning can be defined by what it does not represent. So the verb ‘to drink’ can be defined using the differences between it and the verb ‘to eat’, or between it and any other verb or noun.