- adjective referring to things which react differently when measured against a norm or standard
- adjective showing a difference
Cars & Driving
- noun a gear assembly between two drive shafts that permits one shaft to turn at a different speed from the other, while transmitting power
- Pertaining to a difference, such as that between signals, directions, or other variables.
- Pertaining to a circuit, device, or system whose operation depends on the difference between two quantities. Examples include differential amplifiers and control systems.