- noun the spreading of gas or light
- noun the process by which a product is gradually adopted by consumers
- The spontaneous process of one material spreading through and mixing with another. Gases diffuse most readily, followed by liquids, while occurring least in solids.
- The spontaneous process of a material, such as a gas, dispersing from a region of higher density to that of lower density.
- The passage of atoms through a crystal lattice.
- The passage of light through a translucent material.
- The scattering of light when reflected off an irregular surface.
- A process employed in the manufacturing of semiconductor devices, in which the desired impurity atoms, usually contained in a gas, are placed in a precisely heated enclosure with the semiconductor material. In this manner, the impurity atoms, or dopants, are distributed uniformly within the crystal lattice of the semiconductor material. Various devices, with a range of properties, may be formed in this manner. Also called diffusion process.
- The movement of charge carriers through a semiconductor.
(written as Diffusion)The diffusion of technologies refers to the speed at which new technologies are adopted by professionals in health care. There have been concerns both that the speed is too fast for high-quality care and too slow in bringing more effective care to patients.
- noun the channels through which the idea of an innovation reaches all members of a social community
- noun the process of mixing a liquid with another liquid, or a gas with another gas
- noun the passing of a liquid or gas through a membrane