- noun a programming instruction used to control something such as a language translator or compiler
- noun an order or command to someone to do something
- noun an order from the European Union, referring to a particular problem
- adjective referring to the ability of a device to send or receive signals in straight lines
- noun general or detailed instructions from management to staff to guide them in their work
- noun a piece of legislation of the European Union which is binding, but which member states can implement as they wish. A directive is binding as to the result to be achieved, but leaves to the national authorities the choice of form and method.
- An instruction to an assembler or compiler, which is processed at the time of assembly or compilation.
- noun an order or instruction which indicates an intended result but does not specify how that result should be achieved
- noun a piece of legislation made by the European Commission