- noun the action of releasing waste material into the environment
- noun waste material, such as that from an industrial process or in the form of sewage, that is passed into the environment
- noun the rate of flow of a liquid in a channel
- verb to flow into a lake or the sea
- verb to pass waste material into the environment
- noun the act of paying a debt
- verb to pay a debt
- verb to dismiss an employee
- noun a release of power from a source such as a battery
- verb to release electrical supply from a source such as a battery
Cars & Driving
- noun the giving out of electric current or the pouring out of liquid
- verb to lose or give out electric current, as from a battery
- verb to pour out (a liquid) as from a pump
- The liberation or escape of stored or accumulated energy, especially electric charge.
- The diminishing or removal of an electric charge stored or accumulated in a body, such as a battery or capacitor, which is being depleted. Also called electric discharge (1).
- The passage of an electric current through a medium, such as a space or air. A spark is an example of such a discharge. Also called electric discharge (2).
- The conversion of electrical energy into chemical energy within a battery or cell.
Information & Library Science
- verb to cancel the record of a loan from a library when the book or other item is returned
- noun the ending of a contract by performing all the conditions of the contract, releasing a party from the terms of the contract, or being in breach of contract
- noun payment of debt
- noun release from prison or from military service
- verb to let someone go free
- verb to dismiss someone from a job or position
- noun the process of sending a patient away from a hospital because the treatment has ended
- verb to secrete liquid out of an opening
- noun the release of a person from duty
- noun an act of carrying out a duty
- noun an act of firing a weapon
- verb to carry out a duty
- verb to fire a weapon