- verb to separate two things attached to one another
Cars & Driving
- verb to remove the connection to (a mechanical or electrical device)
- verb to unplug or break a connection between two devices
- To terminate a connection or link. For example, to end a telephone connection by hanging up.
- To open a circuit by a separating a point where parts of it are joined together. For example, to do so by separating leads. 3. Same as disconnect switch.
- verb to shut off a telephone line or the supply of water, gas or electricity to a building or customer, which can incur charges