Cars & Driving
- noun a term used particularly in America for cubic capacity
- noun an offset used in an indexed address
- The volume displaced by a piston or ram moving to the top orbottom of its stroke.
- In hydraulics, the volume of water displaced by a floating vessel.
- A change in position, or the distance from a given position, especially a starting position. Also, the magnitude of such a change.
- The distance a memory address is from a base address. Also, the value added to the base address to obtain a second address. Also called offset (4).
- noun one of the two main mechanisms by which dreams express the subconscious, by using other signs to represent a fear which we feel unable to face head-on.
- noun the fact of being moved out of the usual position
- noun the amount of water moved when a solid object is placed in it
- noun the inappropriate transference of feelings from one situation to another, such as when taking out aggression caused by an earlier incident on an innocent person