- verb to make someone not able to do something.
- verb to make a person unqualified to do something, such as to be a director of a company
- verb to not allow someone to do something, because they have done something which is not allowed or have committed a legal offence
- verb to prevent someone from continuing to do something because they have done something wrong, or because it is not allowed by a set of rules
- verb to prevent a sports team or athlete from taking part in a competition because of a rules violation