- verb to give something or send something out
- verb to spread something over a wide area
- verb to share out dividends
- verb to send out goods from a manufacturer’s warehouse to retail shops
- To divide or spread throughout a single entity, or among many.
- To divide or separate into groups or categories.
- verb to break up standing metal type and put each piece back into its case
- verb in Monotype and Linotype machines, to melt down cast slugs after they have been used
- verb to spread ink evenly over the surface of a plate, using a distributing roller