- noun a technique to enable processors or computers to share tasks amongst themselves most effectively, in which each processor completes allocated sub-tasks independently and the results are then recombined
- noun a decentralised system in which a number of small micro- or mini-computers carry out a set of fixed tasks, rather than one large computer
- The use of multiple linked processors or computers to process data. Ideally, each processor or computer handles different tasks, and all are connected in a manner that allows the unhindered sharing of resources and information. Also called distributed data processing, distributed processing system, distributed intelligence, or distributed computing.
- synonymdistributed computing
- synonymdistributed intelligence