- noun the process of giving or sending something out
- noun the act or an instance of spreading over a wide area
- noun the pattern in which something is found in various areas, depending on factors such as climate or altitude
- noun the act of sending goods from the manufacturer to the wholesaler and then to retailers
- noun the act of sharing something among several people
- noun the act of sending information out, especially via a network
- The movement of heated or conditioned air to desired locations.
- The delivery of electricity over a system from transmission points.
- The placement of concrete from where it is discharged to its final location.
- The result of distribution (1).
- A function describing the frequency with which a variable assumes a given value. It may be expressed as a graph of the number of occurrences versus the possible values. Also called frequency distribution.
Information & Library Science
- noun the delivery of goods or information to people or organisations
- noun the selling and delivery of goods to retailers, such as films to cinemas or magazines to shops