- noun a change in route or destination caused by bad weather, technical problem, etc.
Cars & Driving
- noun an alternative route which traffic has to follow due to closure of a stretch of road for repairs, etc.
- A pipe, trench, or channel, usually temporary, used to divert the flow of water from its usual course.
- noun an attack or raid intended to distract the enemy while another operation is carried out elsewhere
- noun a change to a planned or normal route in order to avoid e.g. roadworks or flooding