- noun the calculation of how may times a number is contained in another number
- noun the main section of a large company
- noun a company which is part of a large group
- noun the act of separating a whole into parts
- noun the act of dividing numbers
- One of the standard major construction index classifications used in specifying, pricing, and filing construction data.
- The process of separating into two or more parts. Also, the result of such a separation. For instance, the division of multiple communications channels.
- The process of finding out how many times a quantity fits into another. Also, the result of such a computation.
- noun one section of something which is divided into several sections
- noun the action of cutting or splitting into parts
- noun a tactical army grouping of two or more brigades.
- noun one of the separate sections of the High court (the Queen’s bench Division, the Family Division and the chancery Division) or the sections of the Appeal Court (Civil Division and Criminal Division)
- noun a vote
- noun a group of teams of roughly similar standard in a sports league