- noun a piece of paper or set of papers containing text
- noun a computer file containing text created with a word-processor
- verb to make a record of a process
- noun a paper, especially an official paper, with written information on it
- noun a piece of writing, e.g. a memo, letter or report
- verb to write a description of a process
- A file created by a computer application, especially that of a word processor.
- To explain a program or process. Also, the recorded explanation, be it on paper or in another form.
Information & Library Science
- noun any form of information in printed or electronic form, e.g. maps, manuscripts or computer software
- noun a paper or set of papers, printed or handwritten, which contains information
- noun anything in which information is recorded, e.g. maps, designs, computer files, databases
- noun an official paper from a government department
- noun any piece of written material (but not a book, pamphlet or newspaper, etc), which provides information, identification, evidence or instructions
- noun a serviceman’s or servicewoman’s personal records
- verb to put something in a published document