- noun a person who gives something
- noun a person who gives, especially someone who gives money
- A species, such as an atom, molecule, or ion, which donates one or more electrons to another species. The accepting species is called acceptor (2). Also called electron donor.
- An electron-donating impurity which is introduced into a crystalline semiconductor. The donating of electrons makes for an n-type semiconductor. Also called donor impurity, or donor material.
- noun somebody who gives property to another
- noun a person who gives blood, tissue, organs or reproductive material to be used to treat another person