- To receive a data, usually in the form of a file, from a remote computer in a network. For instance, a person navigating the Internet may download a file containing the latest version of a media player. Also, the data or file transferred. This contrasts with an upload, where information is sent to a remote computer in a network.
- To load a font into a printer.
Information & Library Science
- verb to move information from one electronic source to another storage device
- noun a file which has been transferred from the Internet to a personal computer
- verb to transfer data from the Internet to a computer, or from one computer to another