- noun an order for money to be paid by a bank
- verb to make a first rough plan of a document
- The drawing power of air and gases through a chimney flue.
- A note similar to a check except that banks will not cash it without certain preliminary processing. A draft takes 10 to 14 days to "clear," or be guaranteed by the bank.
- A smooth strip worked on a stone surface to be used as a guide for finishing the surface.
Information & Library Science
- noun a rough form of something written, drawn or planned
- noun a written order for money to be transferred from one bank to another
- noun a method of selecting men for compulsory military service
- noun a group of newly conscripted recruits