- noun something or someone that provides an impetus for something to happen
Cars & Driving
- noun a piece of software that sits between Windows and a peripheral and translates the instructions from Windows into a form that the peripheral can understand.
- A circuit or device which provides and/or controls drive (1).
- In an amplifier, the stage that precedes the output stage. Also called driver stage.
- A transducer which converts electrical energy into sound energy, which is then radiated outward to the surrounding medium. Also called speaker, or loudspeaker.
- Within a speaker system, a specialized speaker unit, such as a woofer or tweeter.