dynamic link library
- noun in some operating systems, a library of utility programs that can be called from a main program
- A collection of routines and programs which can be called upon as needed by another program the computer may be running. Since DLLs are not loaded into RAM along with the main program, there is a saving in memory resources. Its abbreviation is DLL. Also called dynamically-linked library, or dynamic-linked library.
- synonymdynamic-linked library
- synonymdynamically-linked library
- Abbreviation of dynamic link library, dynamically-linked library, or dynamic-linked library.
- noun a library of utility programs that can be called from a main program.