- noun buying and selling things online, especially over the Internet
- noun a general term that is usually used to refer to the process of buying and selling goods over the Internet
- noun buying and selling over the internet, regulated by the Consumer protection (Distance Selling) regulations 2000.
- noun the exchange of goods, information, products, or services via an electronic medium such as the Internet.
- noun transactions that are carried out over the Internet, either between consumers and businesses or between businesses themselves
- abbreviation forelectronic commerce
(written as E-Commerce)