- noun a group of people of a certain grade in an organisation
- One within a hierarchy. For example, there may be multiple levels which pertain to the degree of accuracy of instrument calibration, and an echelon would be one such level.
- noun a global computer surveillance system used by UK and US security services, which intercepts and analyses communications
- noun a tactical formation in which troops, vehicles or aircraft are deployed in a series of parallel lines, each of which is longer than the one in front
- noun part of a tactical grouping