- noun a person in charge of a newspaper or a section of a newspaper
- A computer program which creates text files, or modifies existing text files. A word processor is a more powerful editor program with greater flexibility than most editors. Also called text editor.
Information & Library Science
- noun a person who changes or corrects text or films
- noun a person in charge of publishing a newspaper or magazine who makes the final decisions about the contents and format
- noun the person in charge of the style, direction and editorial content of a newspaper, magazine or book
- noun somebody who edits written text, scripts, radio programmes, etc to make it clearer or more concise