- A vector quantity pertaining to the charge displaced by an electric field within a given medium. It is equal to the electric field strength multiplied by the permittivity of the medium, and is usually expressed in coulombs per square meter. Also called by various other names, including electric flux density, electric displacement density, electric field induction, electric induction, electric stress, displacement (2), dielectric displacement, and dielectric stress.
- synonymelectric field induction
- synonymelectric flux density
- synonymelectric induction
- synonymelectric stress
- synonymelectrical displacement
- synonymelectrical induction