electric power plant
- A location which combines the structures, devices, and equipment necessary to produce electricity in quantities adequate for residential, commercial, or industrial use. An electric power plant converts another form of energy, such as hydroelectric, nuclear, or solar, into electrical energy. Also called by various other names, including electric power station, electric generating station, electric installation, electrical power plant, power station, power generating station, and generating station.
- A unit which converts another form of energy, such as hydroelectric, nuclear, or solar, into electrical energy.
- synonymelectric installation
- synonymelectrical installation
- synonymelectrical power plant
- synonymelectric generating station
- synonymelectric power station