electronic data processing
- noun the process of selecting and examining data stored in a computer to produce information.
- The processing of information by a computer.
- The processing of information within a specific application. For example, the manipulation of large amounts of numeric data in a program.
Information & Library Science
- noun computer-based tasks involving the input and manipulation of data, usually using database programs.
- noun the act of selecting and examining data stored in a computer to produce information.