- noun the use of desktop publishing packages and laser printers to produce printed matter
- noun the process of using computers to write and display information, as in viewdata
- The providing of information in electronic form, such as in DVDs, or over networks, as opposed to being published in paper form. Such publishing has various advantages, including interactivity, and the ability to keep fully current.
Information & Library Science
- noun the process and business of producing books or journals in electronic form, e.g. as e-books or for online access
- noun the production of material in forms such as CD-ROMs that can be accessed by readers using computers