- noun movement to a higher place or position
- A vertical distance relative to a reference point.
- A view or drawing of the interior or exterior of a structure as if projected onto a vertical plane.
- noun an act of elevating something
- noun the angle at which the barrel of an artillery piece or mortar is raised in order to engage a target
- noun an area of high ground
- noun the height above a specific reference point, especially sea level
- noun a scale drawing of any side of a building or other structure
- noun the angle between a horizontal line and the line from a surveying instrument to a point above the horizontal, e.g. between eye level and a line to a nearby rooftop
- noun the act of raising a limb to a higher point