- To encase a material or substance; to hide data (such as computer processing logic).
- To embed or incorporate into something else.
- To encase or embed in a surrounding mass or enclosure which houses and protects. For instance, an electronic component may be encapsulated in plastic, to insulate and protect from moisture. Such a plastic would usually be in a molten state when applied to the component, then let solidify for a snug fit.
- verb to enclose a nutrient, enzyme or other desirable substance within a vehicle such as a lipid, so that it is most efficiently delivered to its source
Information & Library Science
- verb to capture the main points of something in a very small space or within a single object or event