- noun a person whose job is to design mechanical, electrical or industrial equipment
- verb to arrange something secretly
- noun a person who works in engineering
- verb to design and make something
- noun a person who is qualified to design, build and repair machines
- noun a person who looks after technical equipment
- A design professional who, by education, experience, and examination, is duly licensed by one or more state governments for practice in the profession of engineering. This practice may be limited to one or more specific disciplines of engineering. Construction-related engineering disciplines include civil, structural, mechanical, or electrical systems design.
- noun a specialist soldier trained in the construction and demolition of bridges, field fortifications, obstacles, roads, etc.
- noun a mechanic on a ship