- noun the process of making greater, better or clearer
- noun an add-on facility which improves the output or performance of equipment
- A change which provides improvement. For instance, a newer version of computer hardware or software which is faster, provides additional functions, or is more reliable.
- modification which increases suitability for a particular purpose. For instance, the use of image processing to refine images, or coating a cathode for enhanced electron emission.
Information & Library Science
- noun an add-on device which improves the performance of a computer and so adds value
- noun increase or improvement in quality of service, value for money, etc.
- noun something which makes a service better