- noun a single record or a piece of data about one action or object in a database or library
- noun an item of written information put in an accounts ledger
- noun an act of going in or the place where you can go in
- noun the writing in of an item, as in a record or log
- A passage hallway that affords entrance inside an exterior door.
- The entering of information, such as that into a computer. Such information may be entered manually or automatically.
- A specific entry (1), such as a name or number.
- noun the act of going into a new job
Information & Library Science
- noun a single record in a database, dictionary or catalogue
- noun a piece of written information in a ledger or register