- Any device that compensates for an undesired characteristic of a system or component.
- An electric network whose attenuation or gain varies as a function of frequency, and which is used to modify the frequency response of a circuit, device, piece of equipment, or system. It may counteract distortion, compensate for deficiencies, or shape a frequency response to fit the needs of a given situation. A parametric equalizer in an audio amplifier, for instance, can adjust various intervals within the audible range, to help provide the desired sound experience. Its abbreviation is EQ. Also called equalization circuit, equalization network, equalizer network, equalizer circuit, equalizing network, or equalizing circuit.
- synonymequalization circuit
- synonymequalization network
- synonymequalizing circuit
- synonymequalizing network