- noun a mistake due to an operator or caused by a hardware or software fault
- noun the known inaccuracy of an instrument or system which has to be corrected by calculating the true value
- noun a mistake in a program that prevents a program or system running correctly
- A deviation from a true, expected, or specified result. For example, a discrepancy between a calculated, observed, or measured value, and the theoretically correct one. Another example is the presence of a difference between transmitted and received data.
- The magnitude or degree of an error (1).
- In computers, an inability to carry out an operation, or an incorrect result, as a result of a software and/or hardware deficiency, or mistakes by a user.