- verb to be confirmed as stable in a particular flight condition, such as a flight level or glideslope, etc.
- verb to position
Information & Library Science
- verb to create something in a permanent way
- verb to prove that something is definitely true
- verb to set up, to make or to open something
- verb to decide what is correct or true
- verb to find out or verify a piece of information
Origin & History of “establish”
Etymologically, to establish something is to ‘make it firm’. The word comes via Old French establir from Latin stabilīre, a derivative of stabilis ‘firm, secure’ (source of English stable and related to English stand). English originally acquired it at the end of the 13th century as stablish, but by the end of the 14th century the more ‘French’ spelling had been introduced, and gradually took over.