- noun a set of moral standards by which people behave
- noun a code of practice which shows how a group of professionals should interact with each other
- noun the moral aspects of decision-making
- noun a system of moral principles which dictate how a person or community should behave
- noun the study of the notion of right and wrong, morally speaking, in thought, feelings, beliefs etc.
- noun the internal set of rules and guidelines which a person has regarding these notions of right and wrong