- verb to remove all the people from a place in the event of an emergency
- verb to create a vacuum in something by removing all the air
Cars & Driving
- verb to remove by pushing out
- To partially or completely remove the contents from an enclosure containing any substance, such as a gas or a liquid. Used, for instance, to refer to an electron tube whose contained gases are being removed. Also called exhaust (1).
- The process utilized to evacuate (1). For instance, the use of a vacuum pump to remove all gases from an electron tube.
- verb to remove people from their homes because of danger and make them stay elsewhere until that danger is over
- verb to make the people who live in a place move away from it because of the threat of disaster or invasion
- verb to get people to leave a place such as a dangerous building, an aircraft on fire, etc.