- In a CPM (critical path method) arrow diagram, the starting point for an activity that cannot occur until all work preceding it has been performed.
- An action or occurrence. It is similar to an incident (2), but an incident may imply a less significant happening than an event.
- In computers, an event (1) which has significance to a task or program. For instance, interrupts, mouse movements, or menu selections.
- noun a thing which happens, e.g. a sports competition, a flower show
- noun in news coverage, something that takes place which has news value
- noun an organised activity in which several players or teams compete against each other
- noun a party or other special occasion, e.g. a wedding reception, birthday party, etc.