- noun something or someone not included
- noun something or somebody not included
- noun something which is different from all others in the same category
- A condition, usually an error, which diverts the attention of the processor. It is similar to an interrupt, the difference being that an exception usually indicates the presence of an error.
Information & Library Science
- noun things which are different and not included
- noun something that does not fit into or is excluded from a general rule or pattern
- noun the act or condition of being excluded